About the job
Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- The primary responsibility of a security operations center (SOC) analyst is to ensure that the organization’s information assets are protected from compromise arising from unauthorized access (Confidentiality risk), unauthorized alteration of data/information (integrity risk) and denial of service (availability risk).
- As such, he/she ensures the protection of IT infrastructures of the organization whether on-premise (in the data center) or cloud based (e.g. Microsoft or Oracle cloud, Azure SaaS) as well as confidential customer/business data by having visibility on all vulnerabilities, threats and threat sources for effective mitigation and defense before occurrence of a breach.
- Management of security incidents during all stages of the incident management process including an in-depth analysis
- Conduct security assessments regularly to identify vulnerabilities and performing risk analysis.
- Communicates alerts to clients regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems.
- Implementing use cases and playbooks to mature the SOC SOAR capabilities.
- Generate reports for IT administrators, business managers, and security leaders.
- Understand and operate Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) and Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) tools to detect and respond to security events.
- Keep up to date with the latest security technological trends, threats, and control measures.
- Support, troubleshoot, configure, manage the SOC security tools such as the SIEM, DAM, FIEM, WAF and a wide variety of other security products.
- Liaise and respond and escalate to the SOC’s Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) as at when needed.
- B.Sc Degree or its equivalent
- CompTIA Security+ (A/C)
- Comptia Security +
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Other Cybersecurity professional qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience in same or relevant role within Cybersecurity
- Must be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of IT security issues, the current legislation supporting these and the challenges facing the banking industry in managing the risks of cyber attacks
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of security tools such as SIEM/FIM/NAC/DAM/PAM
Analysis And Research:
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required
Initiative And Problem Solving:
- Must be able to demonstrate established fault diagnosis and troubleshooting skills enabling proactive information security issue resolution
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online